Stone Glacier Grumman Down Pant
- Weight - 16 oz. (L)
- 15 Denier Pertex® Quantum Shell
- 850+ Fill Power Goose Down
- HyperDRY™ DWR Treated Down
- 100% Traceable RDS Certified Down
- 4.2 oz. of Insulation
- Full-length YKK Zippers
- Fully Opened Leg for Easy On/Off
- Patterned shell textiles for added durability in high wear areas.
- Slim waistline for comfortable layering under pack waist belt.
- Stuff Sack Included
- Size in Stuff Sack: 9” x 4” x 4”
Like it’s partner jacket, the Grumman Goose Down Pant was strategically designed to reduce weight and maximize packability for backcountry hunts. We have found down pants to be a game-changing piece of gear in adverse conditions. However, many of the products we have used did not pack well or were nearly impossible to take on and off in the field. Thus, they frequently got left at home. We set out to create a pant with a full-length zip that could pack small enough to remain virtually unnoticed in the pack until used. With 850+ fill power, HyperDRY™ down insulation and a Pertex® Quantum shell textile these pants provide an unbelievable warmth to weight ratio. Add a real full-length side-zip that can be completely opened up at the waist hem and cuff and you now have a truly functional down insulated bottom. Use these once for a long glassing session on top of the mountain, and you’ll never again leave home without them.
Pertex® Quantum uses a tightly woven structure to provide a light and soft fabric that allows insulation to fully loft while also being quiet, windproof, lightweight and packable.
Pertex® Y Fuse fabrics use yarns with unique Y shaped filaments. These filaments create a tightly interlocking structure which improves downproof and water beading properties. The interlocking structure of Y Fuse fabrics remains highly stable over extended wash and wear cycles.
Super DWR is a water repellent finish that maintains its high performance through extended wash and wear cycles.
HyperDRY™ water resistant down is treated with a unique Fluorocarbon Free treatment that adheres to the down cluster that allows down to retain its superior warmth to weight ratio - even when wet.
The Stratum™ Layered Zipper System is an innovative feature found on all Stone Glacier pants and bottoms. This unique system allows the wearer to vent their layers all the way to the skin for unprecedented temperature regulation without requiring the repetitive addition and removal of layers throughout the day. Increase warmth by keeping all the zippers closed during extended glassing sessions and unzip to quickly ventilate and dump heat during periods of high exertion. No matter the situation, the Stratum™ Layered Zipper System makes temperature regulation easier than ever.
Responsible Down Standard (RDS)
All down products from Stone Glacier come from an RDS Certified Supplier. We only use down that comes from ducks & geese that were treated ethically.
Apparel Sizing Chart
Stone Glacier products are designed with an athletic fit to provide the highest level of performance in the field. Use the sizing chart below to help guide you to the appropriately sized garment. Note, the De Havilland Pants incorporate our Contour™ Waist System which provides approximately 3 inches of waist adjustment to create an exact fit.
How to Find Your Measurements:
Note: Calculate your body measurements, then select your product size. If your measurements are between sizes, select a larger size for a looser fit or a smaller size for a tighter fit.
- Chest: With arms relaxed at your sides, measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Sleeve: With arm relaxed at your side and slightly bent, measure from center back neck, across the shoulder to elbow and down to the wrist.
- Waist: Measure around your waist at the narrowest part. This measurement should coincide with the size in which you typically purchase pants.
- Belt Line: Measure around your waist at the point in which your pants typically ride.
- Inseam: From a standing position, measure from your crotch down the inside leg to the floor.